Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bonjou!

J'taime Haiti!! We said farewell to Pastor Gary and Sarah this morning. We were all sad to see them leave. They left at 5:15 this morning and arrived at the airport 45 min before they're flight left. Yikes! Today was another scorcher, though the trips to taino beach definitely help! But trying to sleep at night is a whole other ball game. We had the medical team arrive on Tuesday, and if you ask me, they couldn't have arrived at a better time. We seemed to have a few injuries that day, not just the medical team, but some of the Haitians. I (Lauren) have been feeling much better today. I'm still fairly weak and I'm not able to eat much... but feeling so much better! Kenzie and I were able to hand out the letter's and gifts that the sponsors sent out with us. That was so much fun! The kids had a spring in their step after that. The guys continue to work on their construction. From my perspective I'd say it's going quite well. They had a bit more of a rhythm going today which was quite neat to see. It's been pretty neat to see the unity forming with in our team and seeing people getting out of their comfort zones. I'm quite looking forward for what else God has planned for us down here! He has been so faithful on this trip! We miss you all! We'd appreciate your prayers! God bless!!



The destruction of the church, well part of it. It's kinda hard to see.


Hangin' out with the kids :D

No comments:

Post a Comment